Permits & Applications
Building Permits / Inspection Forms
Contractor / Sub-Contractor Report Forms
- Cover Sheet (must be submitted with the excel format report forms)
- Contractor Report (to be used for Sub-Contractor information)
- Forms may be submitted to the Tax & Licensing Supervisor
A permit shall be obtained before beginning new construction, alteration, additions, demolition or repairs other than ordinary repairs.
- For questions about Building Permits, please call 304-842-8218.
- For zoning questions, please call 304-842-8209.
- For building code requirements, please call 304-842-8237.
$25.00 for the first two thousand and $15.00 per thousand up to total cost of $200,000. $10 per thousand thereafter. Cost is determined by total cost of materials and labor.
***Construction amounts rounded to the next highest thousand.
Types of Inspections Performed:
- Site zoning inspection
- Footing / foundation
- Damp proof / foundation drains
- Rough plumbing
- Service utility
- Rough electrical
- Rough mechanical
- Use & Occupancy
The City of Bridgeport enforces the State Building Code which consists of the following (effective July 25, 2022):
- International Building Code 2018 (with Amendments)
- International Residential Code for One and Two Family Dwellings 2018 (with Amendments)
- International Plumbing Code 2018
- International Mechanical Code 2018
- International Fuel Gas Code 2015
- International Property Maintenance Code 2018
- International Energy Conservation Code 2015 (for Residential Buildings)
- ICC/ANSI A 117.1 Standards for Accessibility & Usable Buildings & Facilities/2009
- International Existing Building Code 2015 (with Amendments)
- ANSI-ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1.2013 (for Commercial Buildings)
- NFPA 70, National Electric Code/2020
- NFPA 101 Life Safety Code/2009
- International Swimming Pool and Spa Code 2018
Building Codes-304-842-8237 / Zoning-304-842-8209