Fire Civil Service Commission
Consists of three members.
One appointed by Mayor; one appointed by the Bridgeport Lion's Club; one appointed by the local international association of fire fighters in the event that said local exists in the municipality, or in case no such local exists in the municipality, then by the local central body of the WV Federation of Labor AFL-CIO in the event that said central body exists in the municipality, or in case that no such central body exists in the municipality, then by the WV Federation of Labor AFL-CIO.
Must be qualified voters of the City and not more than two of the same political party.
Terms are four years.
At least once a year, they meet and elect one of them as president of the commission.
The Recorder serves as ex officio clerk of the firemen's civil service commission.
Powers, authority, duties:
- Prescribe and enforce rules and regulations for carrying into effect the civil service provisions of Article 8-15-15 of the State Code;
- Keep minutes of its own proceedings, and records of its examinations and other official actions;
- Make investigations concerning all matters;
- Have the power to subpoena and require the attendance of witnesses and production of books, papers, and pertinent information concerning investigation;
- Make an annual report to the Mayor.
Contact: Lauren Rogers
Lowell J Maxey (appt. by Fire Dept.)
310 Brookview Drive
Term Expires 6/30/27
Michael J. Moore (appt. by Mayor)
122 Valley Drive
Term Expires 7/31/24
Doug Miley (appt. by Lion's Club)
537 Hall Street
Term Expires 6/30/25